The Zero-Library initiative helps kids develop the reading culture, vocabulary development and also encourages summary writing. The pupil visits the library regularly, selects a book, reads and digests it.
Activities expected of the child:
- Write the summary of the book
- Pick out the main characters-heroes and villains
- Bring out difficult words and write the meaning using the dictionary and also form other sentences using these words.
- Give synonyms and antonyms of the identified words
- Oral presentation of the book read in the class
- Teacher assessment and recommendation